Thursday, August 28, 2008

OK, Now What?

I heard this morning from one particular company with whom I had interviewed 2 months ago. Yes, well before I had moved to Rocklin. I reached out to them by sending my resume online. I figured I might hear from them within a few days, not including the typical auto-response thanking me for my interest.

15 minutes after sending my resume, they called. They seemed pretty eager to get me in there for an interview, and within 2 days, I was in Rocklin meeting with the manager of the particular department they had in mind for me.

I have to admit, I pretty much had all my eggs in this basket. And this morning, I got my eggs handed back to me. They hired someone else.

So now my faith is put to an even stronger test. It was never easy, but it was easier feeling that this particular company was seemingly very interested in me for this position. I had the Hollywood script all written out. Just as the one job was ending, an eleventh hour call from the new job would come welcoming me to the family.

I know the standard response. There just must be something else better out there. At the top of my "things I hate to do" list is job searching. So now I guess I better figure out what I'm going to do.

OK God, you're the Scriptwriter and Director.

Lights, camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment