Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow, That Was Fast

Well, it looks like I'll being singing my first solo this Sunday since moving from San Jose. I didn't expect things to move along quite so quickly, but at the same time, I've tried to allow myself to be open to whatever God has in store for me, and whenever that might be. So I got a call Monday afternoon asking if I'd be able to learn a song for this Sunday.

The song, fittingly enough for my personal story, is All Things New by Steven Curtis Chapman. It seems that the church I'm attending is also going through a bit of a transition, and they seem eager to enter into a new season. So it appears the Lord is taking this new guy and planting him in a place which seems to be open to, well, new things.

Some things just can't be planned this well.

I'm doing my best not to read into anything, but just take things as they come for what they are. I am not expecting that my arrival here will serve any huge purpose. But if the timing of my arrival serves as another stone in the path this church is taking to get to a new level, I'm happy to be part of it. If my situation can be seen as an encouragement for people who are ready to do whatever it takes to grow in their personal relationships and to reach a community, then I'm eager to do what I can.

In the meantime, I've got the song on permanent loop on my iPod just drilling the tune into my head. Tonight is rehearsal night, and the only time I'll get to work on it before sound check Sunday morning. I'm the new guy, and they seem to have high expectations.

No pressure.

In the words of my very good friend Melinda Smith, "here we go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment