Thursday, October 2, 2008

Great. Another Room to Decorate

Well, here I am in my new office. It's pretty bare right now, I know. I put my desk and computer together Tuesday, and now I'm off to the races. I am working for a company called Best of the Web. More specifically, I'm working on their latest product, BOTW Local. It's a great team of people working on this project and this company. I'm very proud and happy to be part of it.

BOTW Local is a business directory in which owners can submit their businesses online. You can list your business using the free model, or for less than $10 a month, you can get a preferred listing including your company's website, featured page placement, and other bells and whistles which are in development as we speak.

As a relocatee, (yeah, that's not a word, but it should be), I can't tell you how cool it can be to have a website like this to help one find services, restaurants, trades people...you name it, all within my community. Or, if you're traveling and visiting a new area, it can be a very helpful tool. As patrons, people may also leave reviews about businesses and rate them for the benefit of others.

Right now the Local site is in beta mode, but it's growing and growing, and it looks to be a great service.

It's good to be back in the saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment