Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Writer's Funk

I've never wanted to fall into the trap of feeling like I had to write something here. I mean, it's not my job or anything. But it's weird. I don't like letting a lot of time go by without having something that stokes my heart and mind, yet, it seems that's kind of where I am right now.

I'm feeling a little melancholy right now. I can't blame it on gloomy weather or the change of seasons because it's beautiful out, with temperatures in the 80s today. I think life, like seasons, is just kind of cyclical. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, you're just in a good mood. Other times, for no obvious reason, you're just kind of in a funk.


For the most part, I think I'm fine. I'm not walking around
all mopey and depressed or anything like that. I have so much to be thankful for, so much to look forward to. But at the same time, I'm having to consciously rise above the instinct to just kind of emotionally endure the day. I'm pretty sure I know why I'm in this little slump, but I think I'll just kind of keep that between God and myself for now.

Nothing personal.

The key for me is to hang on to the sense of expectancy that I'm on the verge of some really good things. I have to admit, right now I'm really having to dig a little deeper to keep that in view.

No comments:

Post a Comment