Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some Songs Say It All

I've uploaded a new song on my player in the right column. It's a song I've sung at funerals, and one which I've always felt says it all. So despite the lack of creativity on my part, I will post the lyrics to the song here, and offer it to you to listen to if you scroll down a few inches.

Whether you've been through this, are going through it, or it's something that will likely be part of your life sometime down the road, I encourage you to listen to this song and absorb the lyrics and their message. As I contemplate these things, I know that the most selfless person I've ever known is enjoying her reward of a life lived honorably. Despite my pain, there is nothing I would do to pluck her from her new reality and return her to the physical torment she endured for so many years.

Mom, I'm sorry I won't have the strength to sing this song in your honor this week, but you know my heart.


Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.
The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.
No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.
We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

Cho: If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.
     If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.
     If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.
     If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.
     You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,
     If you could only see me now.

My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,
To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.
Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.
What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share. 

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place
If you could only see me now
If you could see me now
If you could only see me now

Kim Noblitt, (c) 1992 Integrity's Praise/BMI and Dad and Dann Music
Sung by Truth (Russ Lee, soloist) on "Something to Hold On To," 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment