Monday, June 28, 2010

Unbelievable!

I will keep this short, but I just wanted to share a few thoughts about Celebrate America from Saturday night. In the video below, you'll see one of the highlights, which was supposed to happen a bit differently than it did, but I was the beneficiary of a happy mishap. What you're about to see was supposed to happen before my song started, but as it turned out, it happened while I was singing. It was an incredible moment for me, and I think you'll get an idea of how charged up the audience was in how it worked out. I'll never forget it.

I'm hearing estimates of over 14,000 people attended Celebrate America Saturday night, and I'm pretty confident they all left happy. I'm proud of our church and all the volunteers who participated to make it happen. I'm blessed to have been a small part of it.

I'm sure more videos will hit the internet as we go, so maybe I'll post some more as I discover them. But I did want to share this moment with you.