Monday, July 28, 2008

New Beginnings

Well, after a whirlwind month, or at least several weeks, I'm settling in to my new abode in Rocklin, CA. It's amazing to believe that one month ago today, we were on the eve of Celebrate America at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. At the time, I hadn't made an official decision to move, and now...here I am.

Crazy.

Last week is a blur. I crammed more into the last 8 days in San Jose than I think I had experienced in 8 weeks. And you know, I still didn't get everything done that I would have liked to. I didn't get to see everyone I would have liked to have spent time with, I didn't get to sneak in one more golf game with my favorite golf buddy, John. I didn't get to catch the ballgame with Troy, and so on.

Tomorrow night in San Jose, the Bethel women's softball team plays their next game. Here in Rocklin...I have no idea what I'm going to do. Starting over is brutal.

Life goes on. It's back to work for me in the morning. My internet and phone are all hooked up and ready to go, but most importantly, my cable and high definition splendor is up and running! Right now I'm watching the Giants do their best to hold off the Dodgers. The Giants have squandered all but one run of what was a seven run lead.

Some things never change.


No comments:

Post a Comment