Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rocklin Redeeming Quality #1

One feature I plan to make part of my blogging will be things I find here which are unique from the Bay Area. Not necessarily better, so put your torches and pitchforks down. Just stuff I didn't find while living in the South Bay. These items are not listed in order of significance, but in the order of discovery.

Today, I would like to highlight my lunch furnished by Chick-fil-A. Let me tell you, there is no better fast food chicken anywhere. I had intended to have lunch there Sunday as a re
spite from my unpacking, particularly since it's in very close proximity to the Wal Mart which has become a regular destination during this process. However, Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays. Like In-n-Out, Chick-fil-A was founded by Christians, and they close all their stores on Sundays.

"Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and directing our attention to things more important than our business. If it took seven days to make a living with a restaurant, then we needed to be in some other line of work. Through the years, I have never wavered from that position." ~ S.Truett Cathy (founder)

Pretty cool, huh?

My spirit and my tummy are both well fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment