Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There's No Crying in Softball!

Tonight is, what I expect to be, my last significant "goodbye" before moving on Saturday. This evening is game #2 of the 2008 summer softball season for the women's softball team I've been coaching for I don't know how many years.

Melinda originally asked me to come out and help how ever many years ago, and I just kind of stuck around. I can't even communicate in words how fun it has been with this team. Some players have come and gone during my tenure, many are part of the team today who were part of it long before I came along. Every single person who has come through our dugout in a Bethel jersey has been a character in one way or another, and brought intangible qualities which has made the experience so much fun.

While I'm sad to say goodbye to these ladies, I think there will be a whole lot of laughs through it all.

We love to win, but even in defeat, these ladies give it 100%. I'm so proud to have been part of it, and I'll miss them. I expect to post one or more photos from tonight's fun soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment