Monday, July 21, 2008

And Just Like That

...it's Monday. Back to the grind. Yesterday was an amazing day. I was so incredibly drained by the end of it all. My body was exhausted. My emotions were exhausted. My brain was just getting warmed up.

Saying goodbye has got to be one of my least favorite things to do. But it's pretty much part of life. But on the other hand, I made it point to say "I'll be back" more times than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

So many wonderful people came to me yesterday and shared very personal memories and thoughts with me. Maybe it was a song I did several years ago, maybe it was Upward Basketball. I left the building yesterday feeling very warm, filled...and loved.

Just when I think I'm one of the sappiest dopes whoever took air into his lungs, I come to find out that God will even go out of His way to script out perfect endings. The song we did yesterday, Let The Fire, was the very first song I ever sang with The Voices of Bethel back in 1996. In the days leading up to yesterday, I wondered if I would be able to make it through the song. As it turned out, it was the perfect song. It is a celebratory song written by Jon Lugo and Laurey Berteig. When Jon announced prior to the song that it would be my last Sunday and my last song, I heard the audible surprise from so many people. Once we started, I know people were still processing the news. But by the time we got to the exciting part of the song, the focus had clearly shifted from sentiment to an excitement in pursuing God and His Spirit. God took an emotional and sentimental fool and used that extra energy and emotion for His glory.

You know, that is so fitting. And just the way I want to live my life. Take me and use me. Take the quirks in my personality which make me who I am, and let it turn people's hearts to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment