Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crossing Paths

When I decided to start this blog, I was motivated by wanting to keep my paths crossed with people in my life who have meant so much to me over the years. I figured that it would mostly consist of people I've come to know since my time in San Jose. That didn't necessarily mean it would be limited to people in San Jose, but people I met and came to know during that particular period.

The purpose was, initially, to journal about the many things which were happening during my transition from San Jose to Rocklin. Whether it was sorting through the stuff I had collected during my time in San Jose, or unpacking what I eventually decided to bring with me.

What I didn't expect was to be writing about the inevitable loss of my mom, and all the waves of emotion which would come with accepting it. I also didn't expect that people would re-enter my life who had previously been AWOL for one reason or another. Ahh, the beauty of Facebook. I'm reconnecting with people from every one of my stops in my journey to today. People I went to elementary school with, people from junior and senior high schools, college, my days as a touring singer. People from my days in Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Vallejo, San Jose and now, Rocklin.

I didn't know when I started Crossing Paths just how many paths would be crossed. It's mind boggling. It's humbling. It's fun.

We've all gone through ups and downs in life. We all have tons of stories to share from what has happened since we last saw each other.

I'm simply grateful that, at a time where I'm dreading losing the one person who has been with me since I took my first breath, that God is bring back into my life so many people who have seen me get from there to here. No one, but my mom and God, have seen pretty much every stage, but each person holds a little piece of the puzzle which forms the picture of my life.

Perhaps there are still many memories yet to make. But I'm forever grateful for being able to re-live just a little bit of my history in this difficult, but reflective time in my life.

Thank you to ALL my friends. Each of you have been an influence in my life, and I'm so thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment