Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I Knew Then What I Know Now

Usually when we make this statement, it's typically because we regret a particular decision we made sometime in the past. In my case, I have no such regrets. Instead, it's a statement about the fact that if I knew last June where my life would be the first week of March 2009, it wouldn't have required any faith on my part to make the move from San Jose to Rocklin.

Now, if you've been following Crossing Paths for awhile, you likely know that the seven months or so that I've been here have been no walk in the park. It has not been easy. But at the same time, it has been fruitful. I'd like to think that who I am, and where I am in my life is much different than had I stayed where I was.

You San Jose folks, this is not a slam against the town, my church or my friends. It's simply that I had peaked there. In order for me to reach a new plateau in my life, it meant having to shake things up a bit. Rocklin isn't better than San Jose, nor is San Jose better. It's just that God used this move in my life to take me to new heights, which has nothing to do with geography or my relationship to sea level.

Maybe you're facing a fork in your own road. If you're not, you will. When you're there, you may find yourself in the strange place of taking the road that makes no sense, yet being perfectly at peace with it. I truly believe God loves to tweak people by inspiring them to do things which make absolutely no sense to the human mind, but find a warm, comfortable place in our spirits. There are just times when the deepest and most meaningful, wonderful decisions we make are completely illogical.

I'm glad I didn't know then what would transpire over my first several months here in Rocklin. I don't know what the future holds for me. I just hope, whatever it is, it makes absolutely no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment