Friday, July 31, 2009

Hey, Lookit Me! Two Days In A Row!

OK, yesterday I was a bit melancholy. I admit it. That's the first step, right?

When we're in a funk, there comes a point when you have to practically will your way out of it. Some people are gifted at that kind of thing. Me, it takes me a while. I don't know why that is. I don't know if one way is right and the other wrong. But whatever it is, I think I'm at the place now where I can accept the task of willing my way out of the funk.

Nothing changed today. In some ways, today was harder than yesterday. Whatever. The fact is, it's time to move forward. Coincidentally, tomorrow is the beginning of a new month. For whatever reason, if I'm going to start something new, I like to start at the beginning of something. A week, a month, a year or whatever. I guess it's just easy to remember "August 1st" than July23rd or something. But I specifically said it was coincidental that tomorrow is August 1st. It's not like I've been wallowing in things just because it wasn't fitting neatly on the calendar.

So here I am...a few hours short of August 1st. Realistically, nothing special is going to happen tomorrow or the next day to change anything. Further, I didn't even wait for August 1st. I guess I just look at it and say, "OK, tomorrow is the beginning of a new month, and I'm going to make it better than last month!"

So God, I know you're reading this. It's You and me. I've kind of slipped into relying on myself lately, and that pretty much brought about the typical disastrous results. So I'm getting out of the pilot's seat, and giving it back to You. Thanks for being patient with me. I'll go back to my seat, relax, and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment