Thursday, July 30, 2009

When Is Enough Enough?

Several times in the course of one's life, we're confronted with moments when we must choose how we're going to let what's happened to us affect us. I've been here before, and I'm here again. Life has not been easy for me lately. OK, I don't really remember when it was ever easy. I see so many comments from friends on Facebook who are "lovin' life", and I just miss being one of those people who feels that way.

I'm probably quite a distance from being there, but maybe...just maybe, this post is a baby step.

There have been a number of times in my life when I've felt less than adequate. Even when I think I'm doing a good job, there's someone who I have let in that place in my life, which I typically keep padlocked and dead bolted, who informs me that really...nah, I'm not really all that. These moments have consistently been a sucker punch to my spirit and confidence.

So here I am again, doing my best to dust myself off and get back in the game. I try to remind myself that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made", and I'm the way God made me. Then there are times when I really feel like I must have made some pretty damaging modifications to what He made.

So anyway, that's where I am today. It's been some time since I've written anything, and I have no idea when I'll write again. Why I'm putting this on the interweb is anyone's guess at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment