Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Live The Dream

This is one of those posts for me that, even as I type this sentence, I'm not really sure what I'm going to say. This is one of those times when I am pumping away at the top of the well in order to bring what's deep inside to the surface. There is something churning inside of me, and I'm not sure precisely what it is.

I am filled with a certain sense of anticipation. I don't know how to describe this feeling. I am not a good golfer, but there are times when I'm standing over a putt of some significant distance where I just have this feeling it's going to go in before I even hit the ball. That's sort of what I'm feeling right now about where I am in life. I simply feel like I'm on the cusp of something special.

I'm finding a particular sense of purpose in the things I'm doing in my life. That's not to say that I haven't had purpose before. I just feel an increasing measure of purpose these days. I feel a sense of anticipation in that something that I will do today is going to bear great significance. That may be in my own life, or that of someone else. 

Perhaps, both. 

In any case, there is a palpable expectancy in my heart. I don't know that I'm writing this thinking that it may inspire you, or if I'm writing it to mark the day that I put these thoughts into something tangible. 

Perhaps both.

I have dreams. If I am to be honest with myself, I must admit that I haven't necessarily believed I deserved to experience my dreams in real life. But I feel a challenge in my heart that the dreams are not for self importance or attention, but because if they were to come to fruition, God would be evident and glorified exponentially beyond what I've personally experienced up to this point.

There is an urgency in my heart. This urgency does not mean I need to hurry, but instead, to not waste a moment. I need to put action to my dreams. I need to believe that God not only put the dreams in my heart, but He has equipped me to make them happen and live them. I need to stop believing the lie that the things I long for are out of my league. Instead, I have to accept that the dreams I have are only within my reach if I stand upon God's word and His promises.

I would be remiss if I didn't challenge you to look within yourself to tap into that thing that burns in your heart. That dream you have that you know would fuel your life to a new level. Maybe you've been afraid to pursue it. Maybe you feel unqualified. Maybe you've been intimidated. Maybe you listened to someone who said it wasn't possible and you were out of your mind for thinking it.

Those thoughts need to die. What is your dream? What is that thing God planted beneath the surface that is desperately needing to burst through?


If not now, when?

It's time.